Fundraising and Development Manager
Are you an experienced fundraising professional, passionate about using your skills to support some of the most vulnerable people within our community? If so, this role may well be just your ‘cup of tea’.
The Fundraising & Development Manager will work to raise funds, primarily from Trusts, Foundations and Statutory bodies, which will directly benefit those who need this essential support. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in a newly developed role, reporting directly to the Finance Manager, currently also operating as the Interim Project Executive. This will suit someone who can work collaboratively and independently as required with a pro-active approach.
There could not be a better time to join the charity. They have ambitious plans, and you will play a central role in bringing their plans to fruition.
Location: Flexible working available (CHAI is currently formulating a Hybrid Working Policy)
Generous Annual Leave allowance (38 days including Public Holidays)
Free Membership of the Simple Health Benefits Scheme, providing health and dental care
Interview details: It is hoped that interviews will take place in person but there will be an option for virtual interviews as circumstances dictate.
If you are excited to learn more, please contact email@example.com or give her a ring on 07720 249200/01382 522919.
Community Health & Advice Initiative (CHAI) exists to empower those enduring hardship, and provides high-quality, impartial advice on welfare benefits, housing, and debt. Their work has tangible, lasting impact on people living in local communities.
CHAI deliver welfare services to residents of Edinburgh and beyond. Its aims and objectives are to:
Relieve poverty in the community
- Provide assistance in the interest of social welfare with the specific objective of improving conditions of life of community residents
- Provide practical help to sections of the community most in need
- Provide information, advice, and support to the community
Chai offers a unique and varied service delivery mix all delivered holistically; real people don’t fit into boxes and service workers make connections with their clients and find the best solutions!
The story of just one client illustrates the massive impact that CHAI’s services can have on the life of an individual and the wider community:
“Through working with the services within recovery hubs this client was able to access the support for her needs. This allowed her to navigate a journey from abuse, which led to homelessness, poor health, and poverty; but with help, she was able to set up a new home, have enough money to live on, address her alcohol dependency and health issues and start to think about returning to the job market. Within a year!”
We are looking to attract someone with specific experience for this key role. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager. You will demonstrate:
- Proven track record in securing funds from Trusts & Foundations and Statutory Funders
- Excellent writing skills enabling you to successfully articulate the need for funding from a variety of donors and potential donors
- Successful track record of relationship development with funders
- Fundraising project development, including budgeting
- Experience and proficiency in using a dedicated CRM
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enabling you to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Outstanding networking and negotiation skills, including the ability to represent CHAI at internal and external events
- Experience of working with corporate partners would be an advantage
Membership of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising would be an advantage, as would attendance at the CIOF’s relevant Special Interest Groups, that provide funding workshops, training, and the opportunity for peer support.