Dundee University Students’ Union (DUSA) have an exciting opportunity to join their team in a new role as Finance Manager. The role is part of the Finance/HR team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will also line manage the Finance Supervisor.
We are looking to attract qualified accountants with at least three years’ experience for this senior role. You will have experience of:
- Supporting production of annual financial statements and consolidated accounts for their audit, filing and distribution.
- The preparation and submission of corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Assisting in the production of strategy documents and associated forecasts, annual budgets and forecast revisions as required for both internal and external use.
- The production of management information as directed by the CEO/Board of Trustees.
- Managing an outsourced payroll and all pension requirements.
- Ensuring relevant financial returns are provided to all external bodies (HMRC, Charities Commission, Companies House etc.) in a timely manner.
- Overall responsibility for the general, purchase and sales ledgers plus credit control.
- Sage Finance systems.
Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA) is the best Student Union in Scotland (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018).
DUSA are a registered charity, completely independent from the University of Dundee. They are led by students, supported by volunteers and staff, and seek to ensure that everyone’s time at the University is the best it can possibly be. All students at University of Dundee automatically become members of DUSA – a vibrant, diverse, global community. Members are entitled to all their services and opportunities, including societies; volunteering; advice, support, and representation; retail and food and beverage outlets; nightclubs and events. Whatever a student’s passion or interest, time commitment or background, it could not be easier to get involved in DUSA –they have something for everyone.
Follow the links to see this year’s student representatives and organisational chart:
We are seeking candidates who are qualified Accountants and who are preferably educated to degree level. You will have a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience, ideally within the charity sector, however, this is not essential. You will have experience of accounts preparation (statutory & management accounts), payroll preparation and pension auto enrolment. Having an understanding of the specific financial needs of the
charity/not-for-profit sector (including SORP; fund
accounting etc.) would be helpful. The successful candidate will have good all round accounting experience, with a knowledge of Sage systems. This is a senior role within the organisation and the successful candidate will have experience working at this level, particularly able to communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues at all levels.
Click on the links below to see the Candidate Information Pack and DUSA’s Culture Statement
If you are excited to learn more, please contact email@example.com or give her a ring on 07720 249200/01382 522919.
Interviews: 6th July 2021 to be held at DUSA. However, a virtual interview will be an option if circumstances dictate.