Head of Development & Alumni
The Head of Development & Alumni post is both an appealing new role at UCLan and an inaugural post which will involve leading on the future strategic direction of fundraising and alumni engagement.
You will be a front-line fundraising professional who is comfortable identifying, developing, and managing a portfolio of prospects, including individuals, trusts and foundations, and other statutory funding bodies with the key aim of raising philanthropic income, legacy pledges, and sponsorship. You will also be responsible for leading your team in further developing and enhancing the University’s alumni engagement programme.
The University of Central Lancashire
Where opportunity creates success
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is the international, multi-campus university leading the way in modern learning today. It believes in helping people to seize every opportunity to flourish in education, at work and for life. Innovative by nature, it offers courses which combine academic excellence with real-world teaching, ensuring that its people gain the skills and experience that industry needs. That’s why its talented graduates are in such high demand across the world. University staff are leaders in their fields, with the expertise and industry knowledge that makes their courses such an asset.
UCLan is ranked in the top 7% of universities in the world by the Center for World University Rankings 2021/22
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Significant experience of working with major donors and a proven track record of achieving significant fundraising targets.
- Experience of identifying and developing compelling fundraising propositions for a range of audiences such as major donors, corporate, and trusts and foundations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and influence a broad range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Confidence to engage with and deliver presentations to senior-level professionals and groups.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. You must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels with a high degree of credibility and integrity
- The ability to work as a team and contribute to the demands of a developing fundraising strategy, whilst continuing to lead an established alumni programme.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
There could be no better time to join the University. It has ambitious plans, and you will play a central role in bringing their plans to fruition.
First Interview date: 29th October 2021
If you are excited to learn more, please contact email@example.com or give her a ring on 07720 249200/01382 522919.